Faith Week for Fair Tax
Faces of Faith for Fair Tax Video
In our sacred texts, time and again we see how God demands that society reorder its priorities to care for one another. Fair Tax is a moral issue impacting every community within our state and it is up to all of us to not only vote for a Fair Tax, but use our voice to ensure Illinois makes this fundamental change!
Join us for Fair Tax Faith Week. Each day, people of faith will come together to learn, educate others, and lead the movement to create a fairer, more equitable Illinois. Attendees are welcome to attend all the events, or just one or two. The schedule of events, and registration for each event are below.
Faith Leaders Endorsement Link/Letter sign on: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/faith-leaders-for-fair-tax-endorsement-form
Faith Week Resources:
Schedule of events:
Saturday, September 26:
- Fair Tax Town Hall with UUANI – 9:30 a.m. [Registration Link]
Sunday, September 27:
- Share the good word about Fair Tax Faith Week!
Monday, September 28:
- Faith Leader Fair Tax Intro Presentation – 6:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
Tuesday, September 29
- Faith Leader Fair Tax Intro Presentation – 7:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
- Direct Services to Faith Communities – 4:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
- Our houses of faith are more than places of prayer. Our community members count on faith leaders in times of crisis. Join us for a discussion on direct services and faith communities. We’ll hear from faith leaders and directly impacted folks and leave time for discussion. We’ll talk about how passing the fair tax is even more urgent because of the needs of our community members. Speakers: Pastor Marilyn Pagan-Banks and Pastor Emma Lozano.
Wednesday, September 30
- Faith Leader Fair Tax Intro Presentation – 12:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
- Racial Equity and the Fair Tax – 7:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
- Economic justice is racial justice. During this event we will be examining the role and the work of faith communities in advancing racial justice through their fight for economic justice in their communities. Join us and hear from faith leaders on how our fight for fairness is a fight for justice. Speakers: Pastor Marvin Hightower, Pastor Emma Lozano, and Pastor Violet Johnicker.
Thursday, October 1
- Faith and the Fair Tax Rally – 4:00 p.m.[Registration Link]
- Join Us for our Faith Week Fair Tax Virtual Rally! Now is our chance to bring tax fairness to Illinois! On November 3, 2020 voter can fix Illinois’s broken tax system. A Fair Tax will give people making under $250,000 a year tax relief, ensure the top 3% pay their fair share, and generate 3 billion we can put towards health care, schools, and social programs. Come and hear from special guests, faith leaders from across the state, and every day Illinoisans about how the Fair Tax will work for us and our communities. Now, more than ever, we need the Fair Tax. Join us on October 1, at 4 pm on Zoom, to learn more and see how you can get involved!
Keynote: Pastor Otis Moss
Emcee: Rev. Dr. Jaqueline Triche Atkins
Rev. CJ Hawking
Pastor Jason Coulter
Pastor Alan Taylor
Imam Tariq El Amin
Rabbi Brant Rosen
Rev. Dr. Joel Miles
Bishop Tavis Grant
Pastor Marilyn Pagan-Banks
Pastor Violet Johnicker
Pastor Ira J. Acree
Rev. Norma Patterson
Rev. David Stewart
Friday, October 2
- Faith Community Volunteer Day – 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
- We know that when voters hear about the Fair Tax – they support it. Talking directly to Illinois voters is the way to have the most impact in November. We need everyone to get involved to talk to voters all over the state to share why passing a Fair Tax is important to you and getting them to commit to Vote Yes with us! When you phone bank with us – we make it fun and easy. And you can do it with us from home! Help us make sure everyone knows that this November we can vote to fix our broken, old tax system and pass a Fair Tax that will help us make critical investments in our communities and give anyone under $250,000 a tax cut, while asking the top 3% to pay their fair share. Join us for a virtual phone bank and Zoom call where we will do a short training and provide you with the tools you need to directly talk to voters easily from the comfort of your own home.
Saturday, October 3
- Faith Week Virtual Social – 5:00 p.m. [Registration Link]
- The days are long but the years are short they say, so let’s all take some time for some much needed relaxing, socializing, and community building. Join us at 5 pm on October 3rd for our Faith Week Virtual Social. Grab a beverage and a snack and let’s share in the joys of bringing our community together across county lines and denominations to fight for fairness in our state. See you then!
Sunday, October 4
- Close out the week with a sermon or presentation about Fair Tax! Are you presenting to your community on Fair Tax? Let us know! Email email@example.com